WANDA relies upon many dedicated supporters, volunteers, and partner organizations. You can become a part of the solution. Help break the cycle of poverty one mother at a time.
Increase your impact by choosing a Giving Circle:
Up to $2,499
WANDA works closely with partner organizations and individuals to recruit participants, scale our program offerings and refer our participants to complementary programs and services. If your organization or agency is interested in discussing a partnership with WANDA, please complete our Partnership Profile form.
WANDA depends upon the expertise of volunteer instructors and in-kind organizational support to deliver our program. If you feel you have something to contribute, please email email@example.com for more information.
Share some of the following statistics with friends, family, and on social media and tag @wandasiliconvly.
Did you know?
According to a report, to truly make ends meet in San Mateo County, a family of three with one ad
According to the California Budget & Policy Center 2017 report, a single parent with two children, one preschool-aged and one school-aged, needs to make $100,440 to make ends meet in San Mateo County. In Santa Clara, $83,715. The average WANDA applicant has an annual income of just under $40,000.
- 19% of Bay Area families are headed by single mothers.
- Single mother families in the Bay Area have the highest poverty rate, with 84,117 unable to provide basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
- 2 out of 3 single mother families in the Bay Area fall below the Self-Sufficiency Standard; 50% of them are at least $20,000 below the standard.
- In San Mateo County, nearly 70% of single mother households live below the standard.
Assets acquired by WANDA graduates:
- 72% invested in college education
- 41% opened new retirement accounts
- 13% purchased new homes
- Average income gain of at least $10,000 per year
Achievements for all WANDA Participants:
- 100% have savings accounts
- 67% of their children are saving money for the future
- More than $1 million saved or invested
We would appreciate it if you could do these easy things to help us spread the word about WANDA and the single moms and their children we serve.
- Like WANDA on Facebook at facebook.com/wandasiliconvly, follow on Twitter at https://twitter.com/wandasiliconvly, and follow on Instagram @wandasiliconvly.
- Share this video about WANDA with your networks: https://youtu.be/2b0gVhpLZ_4
- Donate via the links above and share on social media.