Achieve more with WANDA
WANDA is a nonprofit organization that provides financial literacy training, professional and personal development, and a matched savings program to low-income single mothers. We serve women in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
Continue reading below to find out if WANDA is right for you, or attend an in-person Information Session.
When you join WANDA, you:
Learn to set personal goals, boost your financial literacy, advance your career, and sharpen key life skills
Graduate from WANDA with up to $6000 to invest in education, retirement or home ownership
Belong to a supportive community of achievement-minded women with similar challenges and goals
Access WANDA’s large network of peers, mentors and partner organizations
Pass along to your children the knowledge and skills you acquire
How does it work?
The WANDA program lasts three years. During the first year, participants attend an intensive financial literacy training module, then once-a-month classes. Each WANDA mom opens a savings account when she joins and makes regular monthly deposits until she reaches $2000, or until the end of the three year period. WANDA matches these savings 2:1. A mom who saves $2000 can earn up to $4000 in matching funds. This money is then invested in an asset, such as education, retirement, or a home.
Join our next cohort!
WANDA accepts one new class of approximately 30 women each year. Applications for our next program year will be available in May, 2020. Our next program will kick-off in September, 2020. You may send an email to email@example.com if you would like to be placed on our mailing list – we’ll contact you when we start recruiting.
To be eligible to apply to WANDA, you must fit these criteria:
- Complete your application and submit supporting documentation by the application deadline (TBD for 2020 program year)
- Live, work or attend school in San Mateo County or Santa Clara County
- File as head of household on your income tax return
- Have at least one dependent 18 years or younger
- Employed full or part-time, be self-employed, or participate in work study
- Personal assets valued below approximately $15,000
- Have an income that falls within current WANDA income limits, as shown in the table below
Application Income Limits
WANDA provides meals and free childcare during each class session. Classes are held in San Mateo.
Please contact the Program Manager:
Will you join us?