Achieve your full potential with WANDA
WANDA provides low income single moms with a curriculum focused on financial literacy, career advancement and life skills, plus an asset-building matched savings program.
Continue reading below to find out if WANDA is right for you.
How does it work?
The WANDA program last three years. During the first year, WANDA moms participate in classes once a month. Each participant opens a savings account when she joins and makes regular monthly deposits until she reaches $2000, or until the end of the three year period. WANDA matches these savings 2:1; a mom who saves $2000 can earn up to $4000 in matching funds. This money is then invested in an asset, such as a home, education or retirement savings.
To be eligible to apply to WANDA, you must fit these criteria:
- Complete your application and submit supporting documentation
- Live, work or attend school in San Mateo County or Santa Clara County
- File as head of household on your income tax return
- Have at least one dependent 18 years or younger
- Employed full or part-time, self-employment income or work study income
- Personal assets valued below approximately $30,000
- Have an income that falls within current WANDA income limits, as shown in the table below
We will request supporting documentation to verify your eligibility. We will ask you to submit the following documentation available when you begin your application:
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, student id)
- Federal tax return (Form 1040) – first 2 pages only
- Your latest pay stub
- Full credit report. ALL pages of the full report please. You can get one free of charge at creditkarma.com
Income Eligibility Limits
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2022 program.