Achieve more with WANDA
WANDA is a nonprofit organization that provides financial literacy training, professional and personal development, and a matched savings program to low-income single mothers. We serve women in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
Continue reading below to find out if WANDA is right for you. You’ll find a link to our application at the bottom of this page.
How does it work?
The WANDA program last three years. During the first year, WANDA moms participate in classes once a month. Each participant opens a savings account when she joins and makes regular monthly deposits until she reaches $2000, or until the end of the three year period. WANDA matches these savings 2:1 – a mom who saves $2000 can earn up to $4000 in matching funds. This money is then invested in an asset.
The 2020-2021 WANDA program cycle will be conducted online. Participants who lack a device or reliable internet connection at home may request assistance.
WANDA accepts one new class of approximately 30 women each year. The application deadilne for our 2020 program is August 5. Our next program will kick-off on September 12, 2020.
To be eligible to apply to WANDA, you must fit these criteria:
- Complete your application and submit supporting documentation by the deadline (TBD)
- Live, work or attend school in San Mateo County or Santa Clara County
- File as head of household on your income tax return
- Have at least one dependent 18 years or younger
- Employed full or part-time, self-employment income or work study income
- Personal assets valued below approximately $15,000
- Have an income that falls within current WANDA income limits, as shown in the table below
The deadline to apply to WANDA is August 5, 2020.
Income Eligibility Limits
WANDA schedules several information sessions throughout the recruitment period. View dates and sign up for one of our online information sessions. These sessions are not required, but they offer a great way to learn more about WANDA.
You may contact the WANDA Program Manager, Jennifer Advani directly regarding applying to WANDA – we’d love to hear from you!