Achieve more with WANDA
WANDA is a nonprofit organization that provides financial literacy training, professional and personal development, and a matched savings program to low-income single mothers. We serve women in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
Continue reading below to find out if WANDA is right for you.
When you join WANDA, you:
Learn to set personal goals, boost your financial literacy, advance your career, and sharpen key life skills
Graduate from WANDA with up to $6000 to invest in education, retirement or home ownership
Belong to a supportive community of achievement-minded women with similar challenges and goals
Access WANDA’s large network of peers, mentors and partner organizations
Pass along to your children the knowledge and skills you acquire
How does it work?
The WANDA program last three years. During the first year, participants attend an intensive financial literacy training module, then once-a-month classes. Each WANDA mom opens a savings account when she joins and makes regular monthly deposits until she reaches $2000, or until the end of the three year period. WANDA matches these savings 2:1 – a mom who saves $2000 can earn up to $4000 in matching funds. This money is then invested in an asset.
WANDA is not currently accepting applications. Applications for the 2019-2020 program year will be available in late November, 2018.
To be contacted when recruitment for our next program year begins, contact our program manager email@example.com.
You may read below to learn more about our eligibility criteria
To be eligible to apply to WANDA, you must fit these criteria:
- Complete your application and submit supporting documentation by the deadline (TBD)
- Live, work or attend school in San Mateo County or Santa Clara County
- File as head of household on your income tax return
- Have at least one dependent 18 years or younger
- Employed full or part-time, self-employment income or work study income
- Personal assets valued below approximately $15,000
- Have an income that falls within current WANDA income limits, as shown in the table below
Application Income Limits
WANDA provides meals and free childcare during each class session. Classes are held in San Mateo.
Please contact the Program Manager: