VP Talent Management, Silver Lake
This is one of my favorite photos — you can’t see my mom’s face, but you can see her outline and hands ready to catch me… 43 yrs later, not much has changed.
Among her wise words of advice:
- Value those who value you
- Don’t burn or forget the bridges that brought you over
- Education and strong writing skills will be critical to your success
- It’s ok to rely on others, but self-sufficiency is the best form of freedom
- Being alone shouldn’t be synonymous with being lonely
- Every woman must have a room AND bank account of her own
- All that is bad will be better after a good night’s sleep!